litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Recommendation - Don't Use Tyre Blackener...

MattyB

It looks good, but its not good. Because what happens is, you inadvertantly get some on the outer edge of your tyre. And if you haven't checked your pressures in a while, you tend to find you get a decent amount of flex.

Then should you go round a bend a bit quick, you suddenly realise you've got no grip when you've got a slop of blackener between your rear tyre and the road :)

I think I impressed the modified Saxo waiting to go straight on tho as I went seemingly expertly sideways - although I feel this sumed up my facial expression best :D

With the emphasis on the "arrgh!" and wild opposite lock....No harm done...and no, it wasn't me who put it on. Needless to say, its coming off.

On the subject of tyre pressures - I purchased a "Deluxe" (woo) Digital Tyre pressure gauge from Halfrauds the other day. When I thought I was running 22.5 front and 25 rear (according to my cheap foot pump) I'm actually running 20.5 and 23.

So that was £15 well spent, I think...

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I picked up my S1 from Peter Smiths (yes -yes -I know now!) they PAINTED black tar crap all over the JUST legally MOT'd P-Zero nasty plastic rubber rings.

By the time I got home (40 clicks) both sides of the Orange beasty were covered in said crap, to the extent that I am still using a special Mercedes product to get said crap from vehiclular entrapments.

:)

Archived