litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Oh Deer!

Bramble111s

As one can see from the pic below, it didn't fit! :blush:

Heading home at 10.00 ish last night and comming up to a small village, car with full beam on and hazards.... slowed to 30 and crawled through the village wary...

Saw man in front of his car at side of the road with torch inspecting. Figured maybe his lights were jammed on or something.... :rolleyes:

Leave village carefully, enter open straight road, acellerate! WOO HOO! B)

See large sack of potatoes in middle of road! :drive:

BIG DEER! Not quite Reindeer or Moose, but larger size of British Fauna...

(its already dead by the way, killed by the Merc inspecting his front.... :unsure: )

Straddle the beast between the wheels (mistake, don't try this at home)

WACK! SNAP! ugly sliding noise as large dead animal passes under me...

When I came to some services got out to see if anything was amiss, just the number plate, guess thats what its designed for! Kinda like a bumper! :)

Having just read all the chat about lowering and ride heights, am glad I am Standard! But in future will not try to fit large animals under the car... :blush:

PS - What is my ride height?

PPS - where shall I buy a new number plate? Is Halfords as good as anywhere?

Shall I get a wee one? Anyone had a problems with wee illegal ones etc? Thanks

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watch out for a rather disturbing smell in a few months time....

One of the Scottish Elises had a ding dong with an animal... but came off unscathed... Except a few months later there was a rather pungent smell in the car.... upon inspection by a local garage that was servicing the car anyways, it turned out there was rotting animal flesh that had got into the undertray :rolleyes:

Glad you and the car are ok.

Similar thing happened to me and bro in law when driving fast in a TVR. That is driving over a dead one (not hitting one). As described a horrible crack, snap, thump noise and a rather mangled deer on the road behind us.

Sick but funny thing was bits of the deer had stuck to the under side of the drive shaft and engine housing and heated up + +. So whenever we stopped there was a smell of BBQ'd deer all around the car. :rolleyes: What was worse was when we stopped to get fuel we found that a large amount of deer hair was stuck to the back of the Chimera :unsure: . So not only were we driving a portable BBQ but we also looked like the car in Dumb and Dumber.

Ally

Get a wee one!!! they look soooooooo good! (imo) At the mo, i dont have one at all but if you get a little one thats the same size as the plinth (or even take the plinth off) you can attach it with velcro ready to change it back to a legal size if needs be.

www.fancyplates.com will do whatever size, style etc you want.

HTH

Steve :rolleyes:

Std height on later cars was actually 160 all round.

I was saved at Brunty by my number plate.. hit a cone (unavoidable) and it knackered my number plate, better than a clam i decided!

Halfords require your name in blood to suply you with a number plate... so i'd suggest a small one from fancyplates too. Though Emma's suggestion of the number plate being a guide and hitting the floor before anything else is a good one!!!

I kinda agree it is a good guide/bumper and it must have prevented any nastyness (fingers crossed, haven't actually checked in detail) to the front clam....

Agree the small plates look good, but am worried they may not work as a bumper so well!

re the 140/140, I am a 1999 111s, where do I measure?

Archived