litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Torque - Yikes!

Scott_Mac

Its scary stuff.... just from fitting the manifold i now have a rather scary amount of torque, the car pulls really well from 2k to about 6k... it now feels weedy from 6k whereas before it felt very strong, so i'm not sure if i've lost some top end, or if i just miss the torque surge.

Its also noisier, but not screaming noisy, just very bassy.... sounds great :)

Top notch upgrade... just don't ask Mike to fit another one ;)

Cheers to them (Horizon in case you had to ask) once more, cracking service and even opening up yesterday on their day off so i could leave my car - thanks once more guys!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scott I think there is a general concensus that maybe you already have too much talk :D

So the thought that you now have even more and it's extra bassy ! I :)

Where are those ear defenders?

Just a thought if you have lost some top end and it's become more bassy have you checked if your ball joint's have dropped because it sounds to me like puberty setting in :lol:

Dave ;)

Just a thought if you have lost some top end and it's become more bassy have you checked if your ball joint's have dropped because it sounds to me like puberty setting in ;)

Does that mean his small nipples are going to grow as well? :)

Interested in the feedback re the manifold though - am wondering what this would do to my VVC engine - would hate to find that this was a bad thing if I go down this route. The way the gearing and acceleration/power seems to work is that there is a real push at the top end on the 111s, not in 111r territory though, but torque isn't that great until about 3.5k revs upwards.

Kris, when I fitted mine I immediatley felt that the engine was a lot smoother, but I cant really tell any difference anywhere in the rev range!

I think it must have upped the power pretty much through the range though?

I would be interested to see a power graph before and after the manifold.

The main reason I fitted mine was as the other one was knackered, plus this ones not going to rust away. Was toying with heat wrapping it at the time, although apparently you can get them ceramic coated for £100, which does the same job.

Seems exactly the same as mine Ladders... certainly seems a lot smoother and general increase in ooomph across the board. I need a bit more time to get used to it, but so far am very impressed!

Also replaced mine due to previous one being knackered.... but i would recommend it anyway, a great improvement IMO

Archived