Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Dead Manifold Flexi Section

Scott_Mac

I'm going off Horizon, every time i visit it costs me money :rolleyes:

Dilemma:

New flexi section from Lotus - £240 fitted

Janspeed 4-2-1 + flexi section - £530 fitted

Latter has more power, more torque, lifetime warranty etc... but obviously costs lots more.

I am heading for the Janspeed more i think... but anyone have any thoughts on it first?? Any better manifolds out there for sensible money - the Eliseparts one looks great, but costs too much for me!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, no he meant EBD...

I have emailed them Graeme, seem to be mixed reports of the Janspeed, but all good for the EBD, any ideas on cost????

Other issue is i kinda need it soon, as mine sounds awful at low revs, but like a fricking race car when on full chat :D

I fitted the Janspeed to my last car, the main reasons were:

Eliseparts big bore manifold is that big it difficult to fit in the car, you have to cut the undertray to get it to fit.

EBD - They dont do a manifold with a flexi section, couldnt be bothered with the hassle of that! (Flexicat pipes were not readily available then as they are now, so that will help your choice greatly!)

Plus I needed one quick as it is undriveable when it goes properly, its louder than a tank when that happens! not good!

So for a quick easy choice the Janspeed was the simpliest option and the one I could get hold of quickest at the time! That said I didnt notice any difference with power, noise was slightly different, difficult to notice the few bhp it probably gave, I certainly couldnt.

Nothing wrong with the Janspeed but nothing amazing either, although it does have a removable flexi section, so no more problems in the future!, the EBD one does look nice though :D

New Eliseparts one is not EBD apparantly... its also pricey!

Cheers Mark, that kinda helps.... the Janspeed is currently leading the way for ease of application.

Am awaiting the return of Hangar111 to see what they offer, shall check Elise Shop too.

Cheers folks.

Tango, what are you going to do with it??? You can have it, if you can collect it or something

Archived