litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Upgraded Bits

Scott_Mac

Thanks again to Horizon (once more!)

Had my service done last friday - am still in shock that nothing else needed doing, i think thats the first time!

I also had the braided clutch hose fitted - as some of you may know i "suffered" with the problem on some recent runs. Whilst at it, i opted for braided brake hoses too.

Clutch Hose - great, feels better to change gear - odd i know, could be fluid change i guess, also doesn't crunch into reverse anymore either :blush:

Brake hoses - weird, still getting used to them, pedal feel is a lot firmer, no sponginess whatsoever which at the moment is odd as i have almost locked up a few times when braking hard (thanks to Walshy that hasn't happened) definitely a good upgrade, just need to adapt to utilise it fully i think. I guess track work will show the true benefit.

Service - well, err, its been done, the car is cleaner and for some reason i got loads of MPG on last tank :blink:

Had geo adjusted too and once again Mike has done something rather special... seems to be able to read me like a book though as he did the same settings as last time but said to me that if i wanted he could sharpen up the turn in a little... didn't think anything of it, but i reckon he could be right :rolleyes: Must be something to do with different ride height and dampers (or he noticed the tyre wear :clap:) Those folks who've been in it since fitting LSS will be happy to know, no wheels lift off ground anymore and i haven't managed to scrape the mudflaps again yet :clap:

Top stuff :drive:

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Recommended mate... its made the gear change better, certainly into reverse... of course there will be no more hot days now i've had it done, but hey!

Brakes, well worth it... i'm getting more used to them now and they are deffo excellent.

Whole lot came to about £375 incl service, vat etc. So not as bad as i was expecting.

Hello Peter, long time no see! Are you coming on the next run?

Just to add another thing to the list: Eliseparts gear linkage kit. Once you've persuaded the clutch to move, it would be nice for the gearlever to do the same. It's much more precise.

Scott - give the pads a chance to bed in a bit. There'll be a lot more bite in 100 miles or so. Then you'll have stopping power AND feel. Did Mike fit the Greenstuffs?

Graeme

Scott, did Horizon source the clutch hose, or did you have to get it from Geary @ Eliseparts and take it along.

Sounds like keen pricing, the price of my forthcoming service and insurance renewal will dictate whether or not 30th Aug at Bedford is my last 2004 track day, so far looking good as insurance quote is down about 8% on the previous year.

Simon.

Mike supplies the parts... slightly cheaper than Geary :P Pricing is very keen Simon... plus great service and a free wash (for the car) :)

Graeme, no new pads or brakes of any sort fitted - MMC you see :) So just braided hoses onto existing setup.... as for the gears, i'm actually happy with mine, the early cars had nylatron bushes rather than the crappy ones used as cost cutting in the later cars... so the gearchange is actually a lot better than the later S1's.

Scott I noticed that your new suspension mods seem to have slowed your car down quite a bit now :D .

Over the speed bumps on the way back tonight :D

Dave :pile:

Yes, you spotted that :D

Have to crawl over them - you can't exactly fly over them in the BMW though can you!

I was parked in The Dog as you drove past after though... i got a good run through Hagley :pile:

Archived