litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Braided Brake Hoses

Scott_Mac

Yes or No

Am getting clutch hose replaced at A Service on Friday, as it uses same reservoir i am tempted to get braided brakes too - though seems to save no time.

So is it worth it, what benefit do i get?

Firmer pedal feel and less sponge apparantly. Any experiences, thoughts, recommendations?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got them fitted to mine but I'm unable to compare them to the standard as I've had new discs and pads put on at the same time. I would go for them as they are not an expensive upgrade and apparantly they are better the longer you are out on the track.

Remember that bleeding them can be a pig (clutch and brakes).

Vacuum bleeders best, apparently, but if not, the calipers will need to come off and be inverted, or you never get the air out of the inner pistons.

Also, there's something to do with playing with the handbrake when doing the rears.

Chris

Deffo worth doing. I did mine when I fitted the MutsNuts discs and new pads. Pay a bit more and get the full S/S version Goodridge hoses and not the zinc plated ones, S/S about £85. They are a pain to fit, takes a lot of fiddling (something Mike's good at)!

They will give you a firmer pedal feel. I had terrible brake fade @ Rockingham last year on the standard set up, more down to the hoses and fluid boiling, braided hoses would have helped big time. If you do it the same time as the clutch then get new fluid in there as well.

New fluid will be going in anyway - shared brake and clutch reservoir (odd!)

Shall consider it, but could do without the £60 fine aswell, so i'll leave it a couple of weeks me thinks!

Cheers folks.

Archived