litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Where To Get Green Stuff Pads?

Ladders

If this is going to turn into a discussion about whether Greenstuffs are any good I'll lend my experiences/opinion.

I'm pretty lukewarm about EBC Greenstuffs. They're a good price and fine for everyday use, but I'm convinced the pedal feel isn't as good (as the std Lotus items I had previously). I also changed front disks too, but they've all had plenty of time to bed in now and shouldn't be affecting pedal feel. Also, my Greenstuffs rattle around a lot more (vertically) in the caliper and without anti-squeal pads can make a bit of noise. The pads worked over a slightly bigger area than the std pads, which meant initially they sat on the raised unused bits of the disks (on all corners of the car, part of the reason for changing the front disks). I think I'll go for something else next, but they do the job OK and are pretty reasonable value.

For ref, EBC Greenstuffs now come with orange rubbery bedding-in compound on the pad faces. When first installed the pedal was sooo spongey !! This had completely gone after a couple of hundred miles.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived