litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

It Won't Start! Anybody Got Any Suggestions?

Hobbo19

Just went out to my car yesterday and it actually sounded like I had run it out of fuel, when you hear the pump prime the injectors it actually sounds different when its been run out of fuel. Since the car was showing refill on the guage I put some petrol in. 2 gallons later it was showing 16l on the guage.

Problem is now the car still sounds like its empty when priming the injectors and now refuses to start at all, just turns over. Does anybody know of any sort of manual priming pump?? As far as I can work out there was never less than 6 litres left in the tank so shouldn't have starved the pump??

Has anybody got any ideas as to what could be wrong?? If it comes to it then I might have to drop the fuel tank and replace the pump, its looking like the pump could be shot. Kind of hoping somebody can suggest something a bit simpler to sort out first.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the injectors are priming but the car doesn't turn-over and start it does sound like the fuel pump. Only other thing i can think is maybe the iniertia switch has 'tripped'?

I've had 2 fuel pumps go on mine :blush: . The second time while stuck on the campsite at Le Mans :bangin: so you have my sympathy if that's what it turns out to be, right pain of a job i'm afraid.

Yeah its turning over but the pump just sounds like its dry. Getting things sorted to swap it this afternoon, what a way to spend new years day. Atleast petrol smells nice and I have a spare pump on my other car in the garage. Means I have to remove them both.

Can definately say the last 10 months have been fun, might eventually catch up on the maintainance . . .

So far

- New engine and gearbox (sport 140 upgrade)

- New CAT

- New 4-2-1 manifold (after last one had more holes than a sieve)

- Upgraded clutch hosing

- New rear shocks

- New gear linkage

- Replace nearly all coolant pipes

- New lambda sensor

and now Replace fuel pump.

Archived