litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Ally Tat

Kris H

Finally got round to buying and fitting my ally tat, which is a big achievement quite frankly, given general laziness and ineptitude. Quite pleased with it and have a few more goodies to come. Not very exciting pictures to follow...

Don't particularly like the light switch surround things and won't be bothering with them, and was a bit nervous about sawing off the indicator stalks but it turns out to be dead easy. However, in the unlikely event that anyone is actually behind me on a run and I suddenly stop signalling you'll know why...

post-2-1091484635.jpg

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, am thinking that making my car better now in terms of sounds/radio which works, maybe some engine mods and suspension/wheels, as well as pimping up the interior a bit may be the way to go. Plan number 642 that would be then...really enjoyed Brunty on Saturday and with having a great time at Le Mans as well I am rather thinking that I love my car again. :)

Will defo need your help on the sounds business though please Scott. :D

Excellent taste in indicators I must say Kris! :)

I was eying up the Gearknobs but just bought a Lotus Keyring in the end :D (The Kings one had to go!)

Oh and a new 111s badge and new sill trims

Probably better than Donny for stuff?

The hangar 111 bit was good actually and some how it's a bit better being able to see the stuff when buying it rather than just getting it off the internet and putting it down to luck. Got a bit over excited with the plastic though. Have window winders and a gear knob to come as well, plus got speaker panel buttons and door buttons as well. Also have a 'phone stalk although slight problem in so far as the bolt it's supposed to attach to isn't on the 111s, only the standard car so am seeing if there's an alternative place to put it or waiting for the HVAC version to come out.

Good thing about the trade stands is that they weren't in your face and you could walk around at your own pace without feeling hassled by the jumble sale merchants which is what Donny was like for me. Could do with Geary etc being there next year as well though.

I still have the Kings one too - kind of like a lucky escape by all accounts!

If you want to go for the full ally tat look, on the S1, and I assume this applies to the 'K' S2 you can remove the plastic sleeve over the gear stick and polish with Autoglym metal polish or similar.

Did this on my old S1 and looked the dogs IMHO.

Just have to keep polishing it. :)

John

Does the, ahem!, shaft rust though john?

Was it just me or could no one else bring themselves to chat to the coppers on the Lotus stand?

Fed up off all this money grabbing off the motorists, and then the "Hi we're one of you lot - we've got a stickered up Lotus" stuff :)

Lotus should have fitted some public service speed tracking system to the police Elise.........and issue an anonymous fixed penalty notice for every non-blue-light transgression. Who knows, could potentially have got the whole force banned......

Andy - No it doesn't just pull out as you basically undo the central console (which is very easy if you can get the screw out at the back), screw two small holes through and then fix with a nut and bolt which is supplied with it. It is very very easy (so even I could do it before Scott starts).

Dave - I didn't want to speak to the coppers since they're getting much better at the photofits these days... :)

John - that doesn't sound the worst idea in the world although having to polish regularly sounds like a bit of an effort. Don't suppose you have any pics?

Scott - yes, a few quid indeed. Basically I'm looking for something which will play MP3 and has a DAB with some sort of easily attachable or integrated radio I think. Won't bother changing the speakers since the four I have are adequate given teh general racket in the car but teh single CD and the shite radio are the things which are getting on my wick.

And Simon G - yes (although usually only about as far as the end of the carpark). This time quite a few folks ended up following us at various stages, as Dave, man kept leading them astray, which was good of him. (DaveS2111s and I often seem to alternate as well when Steve R isn't about) but people seem to reckon that my exhaust etc are quite loud for some reason. Went through the Dartford tunnel the other day and lots of the other cars slowed down which amused me anyway. :D

Archived