litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

All Over For Race Speed

Scott_Mac

Site is down, no email response.... and this in a thread on the British Cars BBS.

Posted 24 July 2004 at 14:36:38 UK time 

Owen Geddes, Bovingdon, N/A 

J-P

quite right, I'm afraid I have.

I will drop you a mail though as I have sold the designs etc.. for the engine conversions onto a good friend who intends to make a business out of it, so the conversions live on. So he will be able to sort you out within a few days.

I am just getting the last few orders out from this week and whatever outstanding bits possible this weekend, then for me its lights out.

cheers

Owen

Hope i get my bits and pieces, but i'm not holding out here...

:P

At least the engines live on - hopefully.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blimey - bad news for Owen but from a cynical point of view we had a bit of a lucky escape with Le Mans then. Shame after he went to such an effort to sort that out for everyone.

Hopefully i figure in the list of outstanding orders... but we'll see.

He said my bits were in, but who knows :D

Given the not so great reports by a few folk on the PTP170 kit, that kind of limits the options for more power!

TT sounds good, lots of torque etc, but £7k for a 190, thats in Duratec space, and not too far short of Honda power.

Not that i have 6k to spend at this moment.... the RS kits seemed to offer good performance for about £2k.

They do/did but with the uncertainty it was one of the other things putting me off TBH - waiting around to find out if we could even get to Le Mans wasn't a laugh at all.

Weird thing is that I've ordered quite a lot of stuff from RS before and it's always arrived on time and for a good price, and before this I would have said I was quite impressed by them. Guess the knives will really come out now though, which is a shame.

Scott,

I'd be cautious about reading too much into the last thread on SELOC about the PTP 170 kit vrs the RS175 kit, as the author, Rob Stevens is a best mate of Owen. And who knows but he could be the new owner of the RS designs.

Valid point their Mark.

I have heard a few other stories saying the same, but such is the way with the internet i have also heard lots of good reports about it.

DVA and PTP, both have good names and reputations... i just need the cash then i could make a decision :D

Pretty sure that the guy on the warks run had the ptp 170 in a 135r and it's fair to say that it was a little quick as I'm sure you'll remember. Quicker than the 111r or so it seemed anyway.

Yup.... agreed with that Kris, hence my statement above... he was very happy and impressed with his, and he didn't have the anonymity of the internet... but then again I know Zippy from SELOC was very happy with his RS170 and i've spoken to him in real life too.

realistically you can expect any upgrade such as that to be pleasing over the 118bhp of std. since you have an extra stable of horses helping out. I would suggest trying both and seeing which delivery suits your driving style. since ultimate speeds are probably quite similar.

I thought that it hadn't really got that far yet (i.e. still a few issues with the original testing one) but am happy to be corrected. The audi one is still out there somewhere as well isn't it?

Archived