Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

All Over For Race Speed

Scott_Mac

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scott

Nope, not driven a Honda powered Elise, have no interest in buying it, as it is way overpriced.....- would look at buying the installation kit though and doing it it myself.......in regards to the drive abilty, check the gear ratios used within the Honda box....compared to - as an example the PG1 box.....makes huge difference to driver feel.......

Torque is power :-)

In regards to the inlet manifold issue, I worked as part of the Design Team on the ECD 3 Version of the K Series, I do understand the issues/ arguments with the Plastic Manifold !

I never said you didn't understand the difference mate... you clearly have waaaaay more techie knowledge knowledge than me, i was trying to state that people who know more than me (i.e. most) seem to be of the opinion that the plastic inlet gives smotther idle!

I am also well aware that the grear ratios on the Honda box make a significant difference, but the car has amazing performance, and while i agree £10k is a lot, if you look around, you don't have to pay £10k to get the conversion....

Scott

In total honesty I am getting p!ssed off watching people get ripped off with Elise work in general and with the contacts I used to have when I worked in the retail side of the industry and would be able to revitalise, I am tempted to start helping people out for a very reasonable cost.....

Even to the extreme of Honda/ Audi stuff etc...is far cheaper than those would like you to believe...may just buy a kit a kit and see how cheap it can be done for - know enough people whom could fabricate almost anything - also even down to simple stuff, basic work of brake upgrades etc....not as if I would find it difficult, just need it worth the time put in...

always willing to help those whom have a solid interest and not up their ar'e....just ask...if free, I will help when can

If you want another independent view on the PTP range, I've just had the RT Sport 165 fitted (a fraction cheaper than the 170 and not much less power).

There's a lot of guff on the internet about driving manners - not had any problems and if anything the car's better now when tootling around, as well as having more guts, torque and sounding better now.

The four things I'd point out on the PTP front are:

- you get new parts, rather than having your old ones bored out

- a close ratio gearbox would be more suited to the modified engine. Not quite sure what 4th and 5th are for now, so just when you thought the expenses were over...

- takes a little more cranking to get started from cold so I'm awaiting the winter with anticipation, so I need to get practicing on how to do it properly

- it really does make the car shake having the extra horse or two in the back!

Archived