litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Nick Whale On The Move

Simon V

From the end of September NW intend to move here:

492, Birmingham Rd, Marlbrook, Bromsgrove, B61 0HS

This is the current site of the Street TVR dealership and less than a mile from PM's.

Stay put Whale......you're not welcome.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Closer for my servicing :D

But so close to PM's could prove to be a problem...but they must have considered this.

What does PM think?

The TVR dealership hasn't lasted long what's happening there?

Dave ;)

As mentioned on the other thread about this, much easier for me to get to than driving into the city centre :clap:

I dont see it affecting PM much as they tend to deal with the older Loti which wouldnt usually end up in NW anyway.

They do need a bigger place so this is a good move IMHO.

Apologies for bringing "not so new" news to the forum...this fact escaped me. I'll try to buck up, honest.

I was given the snippet on Friday by an interested party, and confirmed it with PM on Saturday. He isn't the happiest hector right now, but (as he said) you don't build up 29 years worth of business and then roll over and die without a scrap.

Once I had this confirmation I was happy to share what I thought was exclusive news.

In my defence, I've been celebrating my retirement from HM service for the last few weeks and quite a lot of things have passed me by, such are the qualities of alcoholic oblivion.

Having spent a couple of minutes trawling through the other threads and sections, there still doesn't "appear" to be a thread about this subject. So I'm assuming it was mentioned in some other thread...? :clap:

It was Simon but have no idea which thread - lots of thread wander going on at the moment for which I am at least partly responsible. Found out NW were moving to Bromsgrove and posted it last weekend, but no idea which thread...

To be honest Simon it was more likely to predominately bull$*%! type thread so very easy to miss it - have a feeling it was about something to do with exiges. Must learn to start new threads and not just add random stuff to the end of others... :clap:

:clap:

Yeah it wasn't a proper thread Simon, so we'll let you off....

I can't really see that it will affect PM that much anyway... their prices are lower than NW, and they tend to stock more S1 than S2 as a rule... and like you say higher mileage.

I cant see PM winning in a scrap against NW tho... too much good praise been said about NW and a lot of bad things said about PM! But if they worked together, it could prove a good move for both parties

Spoke to Ian at NW on Friday, and the move will take place sometime in September exact date TBC.

Although this will mean a longer journey for me, the fact it no longer involves a trip into Birmingham City Centre can only be good, also the opportunity for them to have more space is a plus point.

Can't see what Paul Matty's problem is, if he supplied a good service it would have no effect, in fact it could affect NW's busines, but as he doesn't........................

Agree with Mark re: PM

Sad in a way that NW is moving from town since i could drop the car off and walk to work. Having said that Bromsgrove is still convenient as its on the way to work, just means i have to book a courtesy corolla !!

Cheers

John

I think Spike is in a similar situ...

It deffo suits me too... closer, but slightly less convenient for the times i used to leave g/f's house and drop car off on way to work... but as she'll be in Oxford anyway, its fine!

Archived