Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Anyone Going To Hethel Tomo?

Scott_Mac

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chris, Scott,

Just decided to give myself a day off from Elan restoration. I'll try to meet you at the M1/A14 layby at about 9AM.

Niall

Ruby/Azure S1 111s - T16GUR

Was considering it but am doing my fatherly bit and have my son with me all day as my wife's away, so bit of a non starter unfortunately. He's normally alright on these things but this one is quite a long way and he'd get bored within half an hour when we got there. Never mind. :clap:

Unlucky Steve. Unfortunately, the Police got a bit confused trying to run 2 entrances. We got waved past the first only to be sent back at the second to the first. No probs getting in, though.

Not quite sure why you got turned away. It was very well attended, but I wouldn't have thought it was full to the limit.

If it's any consolation, there were tannoy announcements apologising for the parking problems and insufficient catering - apparently more than expected turned up.

Oh, and it rained. A lot.

Chris

Met with Simon, Chris & Phil at the LayBy near the M1, Wet, but uneventful journey to Hethel, after the brief encounter with some overexciteable yoofs in a variety of wooshing shopping cars at the start of the A14. Thanks for guiding us there Chris and setting a sensible pace.

Queued all the way from the A11 to Hethel, getting parked by about 11:45. Lots of F1 history to see, thankfully a lot of it undercover. I was amazed they let everyone climb all over cars that valuable.

Despite umbrella and rain coat, got soaked and eventually lost contact with my convoy members. Headed off Mid Afternoon, and home by about 6PM.

Hope everyone else made it home OK. Thx for letting me tag along.

Niall

Sensible speed ? Unlike me !

Just didn't want to get further ensnarled with 20-odd yoofs, especially as Sonya had just done her best to wind them up ! Hopefully they're all tucked up in bed now, with their warm pajamas on having given Mummy a nice kiss. Back to school tomorrow, kiddies...

Archived