litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Yokohama Advan £65

Steve P

I've found a garage that will supply me with 205/55/16 Advan Neova for £65 each.

Got a feeling they're not quite the right tyre for the Elise. For a start it's not a Lotus garage. Anyone know what the exact spec should be? Should there be a Lotus reference?

Unfortunately he can't get the fronts at a good price, but we all know it's the rears that wear faster.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steve

I think the correct Advans are Yokohama Advan Neova LTS. The LTS designates they are for Lotus. I'm also not sure whether they only come as a 50x225 rear section but could be wrong?

If they are correct you have definatly got a bargain!

Surprise surprise, they don't have the LTS designation. Curious as to what the difference is though? They are also only a V rating, not W, although I can't see why that would matter. Anyone know?

I think I'll stick to the Toyos

A large selection of Yokohama tyres are classed as ADVAN's, this does not mean they are Advan Neovas.

The Neovas are only available in the sizes suggested by JohnnyM, cheapest place is at whichever Lotus dealer is offering a deal at that time.

The difference is that they are an exclusive tread pattern and compound to work on the S1.

As a plus to the above... i know of people who have had insurance claims rejected by fitting the incorrect speed rated tyres to their cars. So the V not W would make me more concerend than the rest!!!!

Archived