litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Le Mans / Police / Warning

dobbo

Just heard via another Elise driver with relatives in France that the Froggie Police have just been issued with :

1 - new speed guns

2 - an order to target any British car on its way to / from Le Mans that's borderline on the limit. Obviously, the direct routes from the ferries / Eurochunnel will be most targetted.

The tolls roads already do this by calculating speed from the start / stop times on your toll ticket.

Apparently, on the news, they're openly admitting that it's a chance to make some money.....

Pinch of salt might be needed, but I'll not be taking (m)any chances.

Chris

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are stun guns illegal in France? Not that I need to know or anything...

Be nice if we could just slag off the French like the 'olden' days but it's no better here really. Am not planning on blasting down there to be honest since it just doesn't seem worth it. Could put a real downer on the whole thing.

Cheers for the tip off anyway, although it's not exactly a surprise. B)

Tickets just arived today anyway so I'm a happy chappy now. B)

Went to Le man two years ago (Audi 1-2-3 FIX, Bently blantantly superior car) Caterum in our group got pulled over doing 97 MPH (miracles do happen) and we footed a bill of £150 and sent away with a slap on the wrist (no points or bother). However, an S3 just behind us got busted at 125 MPH and got a £700 fine. Therefore if ragging is required kepp it around 100

The french had posted patrols on most of the A roads about 30 miles outside Le mann.

WATCH OUT FOR THE LONG STRAIGTHS that is where we saw them all.

Alex

Going to be a slag without the old radar/laser detector as well. So much for my comfort zone then...think I might follow Ladders since they'll be laughing their arses off so much if a golf mark 1 goes ragging it past at 120 mph I hope they won't notice me.

:)

I wish I was going in my Mk1! It's still not working!

Unless I can get it fixed by tomorrow i'm going in the Mondeo

Can't beleive it, I've been looking forward to driving down in the Liz this year pretty much the day when we got back from last year! And know some Knob-heads ruined it cos he cant be arsed to slow down at round-abouts! :)

Not happy by the way! ;)

Oh and I'm still stuck at work after working Sun and not finishing untill 11pm last night!

Happy days!

seloc thread

Hmmmnnn. Bad luck again - not being able to take car #1 or #2 is a good effort. Not good being stuck in work at this time either - I had a board meeting today (which you can read as I was at home in my shorts by 4 :) ) - actually that's probably just rubbing it in.

Have you folks seen this re speeding penalties? - and yes, I am aware that it is particularly relevant to one or two of you particularly.

Are you off tomorrow then Dave?

Archived