litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

S2 Tyres For Everyday Use?

Neil

Finally got this sorted, going to Jeff Fowkes Wheels in Ibstock tomorrow after work. :) Thanks for the help.

What a bloody saga though. :( RE040's seem to have more codes than you can shake a stick at! A guy at one tyre place told me that they'd ordered RE040's for a Lotus before but the ones they got in were quite different from the ones that were already on there. :( I then had a chap at tyres-r-us tell me that they could get Lotus specific ones with a 'BZ' code for £95 each, only to have another place tell me that BZ on his system was for a Skoda RS :) and that BZ referred to several versions. :drive:

I ended up on the SELOC wiki and discovered that the Lotus specific code is DCK for the rears and CFE for the fronts. The guys at Ibstock quoted me £110 each. I might have been able to get them from tyres-r-us for cheaper but CBA to drive to Brum to get them.

I know Steve said that the std ones will be the same as the Lotus ones, but the paranoid part of me worried about the difference (probably none) so I'll settle for a nice thrash to Ibstock to kill off the old tyres and get some new ones (Plus there is another guy form work heading over there tomorrow in his Cupra R and I want to see if he can keep up ;))

I had a few other people tell me about cheap tyre places but I saw the way the fitters treated the alloys on my old 306 and don't fancy them doing the same with my nice 111S rims. Guy at work with an S1 took it in to the cowboys at Big City Tyres in Leic (now Mr Tyres) and they scuffed both wheels. :(

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks, although I'm not sure what wheels you've got..... my rears are 225/45 R17 W, £126.77 each inc fitting on Blackcircles.

PTP quoted me £230 for a pair inc fitting which I thought was bloody good.

Just got this back from Black Circles for you:

Bridgestone RE040 245/45 R18 Z (2) £175.08 - £350.16 Total ( fit. inc VAT)***

Think BC's av c*cked up!

Archived