litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Got My Elise Today At Lunch Time: F*ckin' Hell!

Big Rides

Well,

I picked up my X reg Elise today- took the train from Shrewsbury- Hereford- Worcester-Evesham.

Got the car and drove back through Kidderminster and Bridgenorth.

All I can say is: OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's unbelievable. I haven't stopped grinning yet.

If you're thinking of getting one, STOP THINKING- GET ONE!

The feedback, the instant response, the driving position, the sound, etc, etc.

It's A LOT of car.

I ABSOLUTELY ADORE IT.

Sorry to rant- I wanted to share my enthusiasm with you. No other car has made me scream at the top of my voice, while by mystelf in it- just because I was so excited!!!!

Cheers,

Ian

I still find it VERY hard to believe it's a 1.8 engine behind me- when you get out of the 30mph and put your foot down in fourth, and see that car who was tailgating you, just dissapear!!!! Now THAT's what life's about!!!!!

Bye for now :D

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Daves right, you'll never lose that feeling. If you think it's amazing on the road wait til you do a track day or two ........ and then it's a slippery slope towards being forever skint

I was out in mine today in the rain and to be honest didn't give a toss that it was raining - great laugh, although getting lost in Dudley wasn't the best. Nothing against Dudley but next time I get lost I think I'll go for the Lake District...

Glad the car's what you hoped it would be. You'll find that other lotus owners usually wave or flash their lights at you as well - and it's not because you've done somethoing wrong - we're just nice like that.

Kristian :drive:

Watch it if you've got a restricted mileage insurance, as you'll use it up in the first 6 months :clap:

Try to make it to the monthly runs, they are top fun.

John,

Isn't it time you got rid of that nasty digital dash of an avatar and put a real one back :drive:

Sorry,

Didn't mean I was "trying to give it some in fourth"- just (pleasantly) shocked at how' when you put your foot down a bit (to get up to the national speed limit :clap: ); it pulls instantly.

Cheers,

Ian

Well done. The best feeling for me when I first bought an Elise was the way 'city-boy' racers in their BMWs and Mercs moved out of the way in the fast lane - as fast as the M6 gets anyway.

The Elise is great round corners but they need regular geometry adjustments, especially if you hit regular potholes and bumps. Otherwise you'll feel like the car is slipping on cornering. Nick Whale (Birmingham) fixed this for me. Many owners possibly don't notice this problem and think it's just the nature of the car. This was the only problem I've had with it though.

Good luck,

Paul M

Archived