litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

0-60 Time

steve

I did it at the weekend and found out just what the extra few horses do.

0-60 - book= 5.8 secs. Mine 5.2 secs

0-100 - book= 18 secs. Mine 14 secs

Very chuffed!!!! :clap:;):P

Are the "book" times about right or what? what does the 111s do and the exiges?

cheers

steve B)

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

very scientific - me and a mate with a mobile phone stopwatch!!!! I did the 0-60 3 times and that was the average. Only did the 0-100 once though.

Great idea for the run steve!!!!

Didn't know that about the ecu. Is that what that funny strip plus thing is under the dash? How do you read it then? First time I saw that I thought something had fallen off the car but as it still worked I wasn't that bothered...

Will an S2 ECU fit in an S1 ?

Thinking they are the same engine (1.8 VVC) ?? it would be an easy way to jump from 143 to 156 no ?? :D

there must be loads of S2 s running emerald or like ?

Book times say 5.7 and 17.5 seconds for S1 and 5.4 and 14.4 for the 111s. don't know about the 160. Cant think there is much in it judging from the runs.

111s defo has more in gear acceleration.

Think that the official time for the S2 111s is 5.1, or the claimed figures anyway. Not sure if they are the same engine (obviously both tuned K's) though since all the mods etc that you can buy are different for S1 or S2, so presumably there must be some differences other than just ecu.

On the S1 111s I think it's partly to do with having the quick shift gear box as well isn't it? No such benefit on the S2 111.

S2 111s and S1 111s are different engines. Remember they altered the heads etc, different head bolts for starters. S2 111s is the same engine as the MG TF trophy 160 but with the Lotus ecu. S2 & S2 111s have close ratio gearboxes like the S1 111s, ratios are slightly different.

Not many S2 will have emeralds, so an S2 ecu will hard to get the hold of, but I would have thought they would not be compatible, OBD diagnostics etc.

Kris, you need the reader to plug into the plug under the dash, you can print out the data from the ecu, gives all sorts of interesting info, total engine running time etc, have you not asked for a print out?

I remember Rawr had an interesting read out on his ECU actually B)

I too ahve seen how they do the 0-60 times... it tends to involve gear change sans clutch, which i'm sure you can imagine is great for the car. This is where the TT cars seem to get questioned as they were tested whilst being polite to the car and with a stopwatch apparantly!

Archived