litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Expanding The Rss Feeds

ankh

A nice to have for me would be the Events Forum available as an RSS feed - Just the lastest 10 articles or so.

I realise that the Events forums is a protected one (why, out of interest?), so don't know if you would be comfortable providing the headlines to an unathenticated client...

Cheers,

Rich.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its unlikely to ever happen as I want to keep that section for members only. Its a members only section for a few reasons:

- Stop any old one just looking at where events are going to be and turning up in their "insert boy racer car here" to race or do damage to a lot of Loti.

- Stop the easy access of the boys in blue seeing where events are and turning up and checking ever car over or similar.

- Make members actually sign up for this site rather than just browsing away and not contributing.

I realise that anyone could still register and get the information but its much easier to track who saw what thread should we need to if they are members.

If you want to know if there are new topics in the events forum there is nothing to stop you subscribing to the forum and it will email you about new topics. (Top right of the Forum section you want to subscribe to, Forum Options).

Hmm, got the email this morning and there seems to be a problem with the email generator when it hits an external image. The first entry details the 'The Guinness World Record Lotus Parade (GreyKnight -- 29th January 2007 - 12:17 PM' thread, but gets cut off when a posted image appears in the thread. The topic in the email then runs straight into the end of one of Ladders posts from Dec 2006.

I won't post the email here since it contains some sensitive information, but let me know if you want me to U2U it somewhere.

Thanks,

Rich.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived