litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Ok Be Honest....

malbon

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

different cars really, id love an exige but a T350T is next on my list... the hardest bit will be choosing the colour...gunmetal or black with plenty of red leather, or that cool swordfish blue flip paint with black leather, either way, they look the mutts :lol:

I love the sound, looks and presence of TVR's but I really would go for the Exige...

The fact that there used to be a fabulous new Tamora in the car park I use in Birmingham, which had an electrical fire that gutted the vehicle, means I am still suspect of TVR BQ.

Rationally I know this is highly subjective especially given the TADTS issues in Lotus ownership.

TVR nteriors really are fantastic though.

John :lol:

Should explain, unfortunately didn't witness it myself either!

I work on Newhall Street and try and park in the Euro Car Park on Lionel Street, anyway one of the accountants had this fabulous brand new Tamora parked there everyday for only about a month before it caught fire and was destroyed, not actually in car park you understand!

Anyway he got the insurance and swapped for reliable but boring Z4!

John :devil:

TVR have never understood that sometimes less is more. Very fast but no subtlety and not enough control. You can have a conversation with a Lotus before it plants you backwards through the hedge!

Graeme

In my experience of TVR's they have been more reliable than my any of my Loti.The build quality is certainly no worse than Lotus and the interiors in TVR's are in another league in comparison to Lotus.That aside the Elise is an excellent alround package and comparatively speaking cheap to run compared to any V8 or straight 6.My advice as always is dont buy a TVR or V8 Lotus without a warranty and only buy one from a local dealer cus they all end up going back.I speak from experience.

Steve

yep. general consensus of appreciation for the tivver here.

Tho the prices are identical the target audience and running costs are not.

Love the power, sound, interior and looks of the TVR but for the less well endowed wallets out there, ownership prospects are far far too scarey.

Wouldn't think twice about buying an S1 or S2 Exige - feet or head first comes to mind if i had a few more sheckles without a thought being given to running costs (bar insurance)

The comment on Ferrari's springs to mind. And TVR's im afraid come in the same sentence

"If you can only just afford one, then you can't afford one"

Jon - what's the update on selling the S2000? I'm taking the Elise up to Bruce's Sunday... fancy a ride/convoy?

Its a distinct possiblity ! we talking early morning start ?

OK. what about this one then.

Top of Range S1 sitting on your drivewat vs.....

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/detail.asp?i=22886&s=6

post-2-1085004989.jpg

Peter Smith's sales guy drove me in a Tamora to pick up the S2 Exige for the test drive. Awesome noise and it did go rather, brutal infact. To be honest tho, although it did feel mental quick, i don't think i'd fancy one as it's just to big and savage for me. With the elise/exige you are so much a part of the car that you can feel it responding to your every wish, infact you become part of the car. The crazy speeds we go around corners feels natural and never threatening. I just got the feeling that i would never truly enjoy a TVR as it would always be taking me for a ride rather than me driving it.

Archived