litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

S2 Elise Availability...

MattyB

I've been hanging on, expecting some winter bargains in the S2 market - however it seems that there aren't many for sale, all things considered, and the ones that are for sale aren't as cheap as I expected!

2002 111S's, private, are still around the £14-15k mark, and even 2001 ST's are £13k!

Now I know its not been a bad winter, but usually the poseurs try to shift them around now, plus with the new base Elise 'S' on sale, I expected another downward shift. If anything, there's been a bit of a resurgence.

Any reason for this? S1 market seems 'as norm'. There's not even many for sale on SELOC, I don't think the 'For Sale' section even fills one page...

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Matty, well i got a 2002 51 reg s2 sports tourer with 22200 miles and the book price according to parkers car guide for a 2001 model with bit more miles was £14075 for a good example. I think the s2 is holding on to its money at the minute like the s1 did around the same time zone that the s1 did. I think maybe the end of next year may see a few more cars round the 12- 12.5k after the next summer.

Have you considered getting a Cat D car as they maybe come in around the 11.5k-12k mark now with the added fact you know that the car has had new panels, serviced and have been looked over with fine tooth comb to ensure its right.?? just a option to get on the s2 ladder cheaper?

baz

Hey Matty, well i got a 2002 51 reg s2 sports tourer with 22200 miles and the book price according to parkers car guide for a 2001 model with bit more miles was £14075 for a good example. I think the s2 is holding on to its money at the minute like the s1 did around the same time zone that the s1 did. I think maybe the end of next year may see a few more cars round the 12- 12.5k after the next summer.

baz

I too waited for the "drop" and eventually got fed up, so in November, I bought a 2001 S2 ST with 23k on it for £13000. Ended up getting mugged on my Impreza as a trade-in as well. :P I'm hoping the S2 will hold value quite well for the next couple of years... if not I'll have had my fun anyway :lol:

Am also waiting for some sort of drop - but cant decide on the model. And it seems the 'good model' cars I always seem to target get gone quite quickly. Low Mileage Black 160's, Saffron 135R's, Krypton and Chrome Exiges, Pre-Converted Cars - they dont come up too often and when they do they seem to command premium :lol: whilst the ordinary models you can pick up for a bag of chips.

TBH I wouldn't touch a CatD with a bargepole - especially on a car like the Elise. I don't personally have a problem with them aslong as they're repaired right - its just selling them on thats the problem!

But a while back - October time, S2's were 10-a-penny, I was looking into them for a friend who was after one. Plenty around with early ST's going for 11-12k. But now, supply's have slowed and prices seem to have risen.

Seems nuts to buy a 2002 ST for £15k when you can get a 54 Exige for £19-20k!

Jon - the rarer cars will always command a premium, supply and demand! Although that doesn't seem to apply to the Sport160's...plenty around right now. Although Rob's would be my choice! - Clicky

Matty, Have you tried RobS at Nick Whales? I brought my 2003 135R from them in November for around the same money that you are talking and Rob took quite a large chunk off the screen price. Don't know what they have in stock at the moment but Rob would look after you :P

What I can't understand is that I’ve only driven my car 4 or 5 times, I’m really happy with it but I want to upgrade to an Exige S without ever driving one :lol:

See you soon Rob :lol:

TBH I wouldn't touch a CatD with a bargepole - especially on a car like the Elise. I don't personally have a problem with them aslong as they're repaired right - its just selling them on thats the problem!

But a while back - October time, S2's were 10-a-penny, I was looking into them for a friend who was after one. Plenty around with early ST's going for 11-12k. But now, supply's have slowed and prices seem to have risen.

Seems nuts to buy a 2002 ST for £15k when you can get a 54 Exige for £19-20k!

Jon - the rarer cars will always command a premium, supply and demand! Although that doesn't seem to apply to the Sport160's...plenty around right now. Although Rob's would be my choice! - Clicky

I have owned 2 Cat D elises now and not one could tell either one had ever been damaged, And cat D can only be panel damage( fibreglass in case of the elise) as its not allowed sturture or suspension damage so to me makes good sence as the clams more than likey new :D I never seen any S2s personally go as low as that so you still fetch S1s with higher prices than that, lowest S2 i seen without damage was £12750 but that had 83000 miles on the clock :(

Archived