litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Hi Honey...

Scott_Mac

Back from a weeks holiday camping in the Lake District.

I think we need to arrange a MLOC meet up there as the roads are stunning, i had some great fun, just a shame that SWMBO wasn't so keen on high speed cornering... so when my nice Corbeau seats arrive, i may look at some harnesses so she moves round less and complains less :P

I shall post some pics up ASAP (on her camera)..... definite highlight was the guy in the Caterham who sat around while i finished my lunch (i could see the car) and then chatted to me about it... saying he wanted the original and best S1 :) to UPGRADE from :)

Rest assured normal posting will commence as soon as i have caught up at work :D

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL, depends what you want... the nicest site we stayed at was 12 miles from anywhere! It was a National Trust one in Wasdale Head, nr Wastwater...

Have a look at the National Trust website, we stayed at 2 of their sites and they were much better than the more commercial ones IMO!

Does depend what you want to see too, as to where would be a better base, better roads are on the left hand side (less traffic, clearer etc) and that is nearer the Wasdale site, but there are hundreds of campsites available.... do you want scenery, accesibility, proximity to pub, lots of factors, but sites to accomodate all :(

When i get my pics i'll show you the sites we stayed at and you can see what i mean!

Scott, I think we want one with a bit of everything! Could do with being within walking distance of a pub, but with some nice scenery.

Went there last year in Feb and remember driving on this pass between Uleswater and Windermere I think, was quite scary as all you could see either side was just fog!

Looking forward to going back in the Summer though :(

Yup, all the luggage fitted in fine... had to leave the roof on when moving sites, but we managed, tent, 2 sleeping bags, double airbed, clothes, BBQ! and other junk... was a touch "full" with stuff shoved in every corner in the car too, but it made it.....

NO ideas on boot rack, i was going to buy one, but they are a bit pricey.

Yep. i cant justify spending the dosh to only use it twice!

you would have thought some entrepeneur would have thought about buying one to hire out! i am sure there is demand!

Archived