litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

What Car Is It?

ipanter

SWMBO and I saw a car the other day which she said she really liked the look of and she said that she would like one, the only problem is i have no idea what it was.

It kinda looked like a Volkswagen Karmann (not the beetle version), but the back and the front were more rounded. It also looks kinda like a Ford Thunderbird, but smaller. It is very 60s looking but i have a feeling they were made up until fairly recently, they may even still make them.

If anyone watches Re-Location Re-Location, there was a woman on there who lived in london and wanted to build an american style timber house in Somerset, she had a pale blue one. This episode was on about 2 months ago.

If anyone who can hazard a guess, from my limited description (i'd be crap if i witnessed a crime!) i'd be more than greatful as will SWMBO.

Ian

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the guess, but no it wasn't one of those. BTW did you know that barchetta in Italian means something like, Car Boat!! I've always thought they looked like boats.

Anyone else care to have a go...

Yay, Thanks all. :clap:

That's the one, i knew someone would know - even from my poor description!

It is a lovely looking car, just got to try and find one now as i don't think SWMBO will want to pay £18k for a new one, though it would be fun to build.

I found the web site for the Chesil version http://www.chesil.co.uk/info/frames.htm

take a look at the car spec section and scroll down to the mechanical extra options, i think it may be a typo but it says you can have an engine upraded to 1100 bhp! :sleep:

Hmmm, i'm doubting myself now as i have just seen Simon G's post, it could have been a Figaro. :blush: I'll show SWMBO and let her choose.

Archived