litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Colour Coded Front End - Gjob Or What?

GCCK

Had my grille (111s version) and number plate plinth painted body colour since I was, ahem, getting some other bits done at the same time.

Got a plinth-size plate which looks good but I rather like the looks without, so plate lives in the boot, complete with screws. The plinth still provides some protection for the clam but looks more integrated now.

What do you think? Worth it or waste of time & money?

Graeme

post-2-1081793886.jpg

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yup. looks good. i had my black grilles done on my silver car and it suited it loads better - especially on the rear.

What about clear indicatorts though graeme for a much cleaner look ?

rear grilles

post-2-1081794445.jpg

Looks good IMHO. There was a silver one at Stoneleigh with a union jack front grille which I thought looked great. Slippery slope down the GJOB route that you're taking there Graeme. Am thinking about ally tatting it up a bit myself... :wacko:

i had my mesh all round car resprayed in silver/chrome effect and looks so much better than the standard black effort by lotus, its gives it that extra bit of bling(LOL).

it looks differant from the other elises, so makes it slighty unique, plus i had my indicators replaced with clears just to add to the effect along with the 4 finned diffuser. also i have 30mm chrome letters spelling LOTUS just above the exhaust section starting from a direct line down from brake light to the other brake light which i think looks good. i would post a pic but i don,t know how .

Looks good Graeme.

I've gone for the sky at night/shot blasted look on the front of mine :wacko:

Thought I'd t cut the front as I had a few minor scratches, I found out that I've also got quite a few stone chips too.

It's a right mess but not sure whether to get it resprayed or leave it as it'll get back into that state v quickly anyway

When I can figure out how to post a photo of the damage I'll post it up.

Jono

Yes, liked the rear grilles on yours. Wanted to do mine but the whole idea was an afterthought and I didn't have time to prep them.

Kris

Yes the grille is as fitted to the S1 111s. Mines a std S1 but when removing the bent and rusty original, I preferred to swap out for the "chip cutter".

Mike

Sorry, I couldn't open your page, but have a pretty good idea what it would look like - like mine did pre-spray! Sad things is, barely weeks after a fresh coat of paint, the pox is breaking out again. Part of the joy of ownership! Far from improving things, T-cut actually makes things worse in pock-marked surfaces. If you're chipped down below the base coat, rubbing with an abrasive compound will only make the holes bigger! Yes, I tried it too about this time last year...

Graeme

Archived