litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Gonna Ban Overtaking?

spike

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its because the majority of drivers are too stupid to know when its not safe to overtake.

They get stuck behind someone, get impatient and just go for it - and in a 1.6 rep mobile they suddenly find themselves side by side with the car they are overtaking at a 5ton lorry coming the other way.

Even in the Elise which can shoot past people relatively quickly, I still wait for places with lots and lots of visibility - last time I was in Wales I got stuck behind a Punto SX for ages in the Liz :)

Dont think I ever go through a journey without overtaking. Maybe there should be a rule to only let certain cars over take :lol:

deary deary do i miss my elise when it comes to this. I just needed the smallest opportunity to get round someone. no build up of revs - just a look around the car in front and a glance over my shoulder and BOSH !!

I must have pissed so many people off doing this !

Archived