litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Nitroned S2

Simon G

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks good to me, I'm waiting for a price back from Sinclares for Notrons & OZ wheels, would be interested in what your opinions on the Nitrons are.

What ride height are you running? was thinking of 120/130 for mine...

They are very good, haven't played with them yet, trackday next weekend @ Bedford. I'm running 325lbs front and 400lbs rear spring rates. Ride height is around 105/115 I think, not too low, seems about right so far.

Had a geo done @ Horizon, has dialled out the understeer very well, transformed the car.

Go for it.

Whats so good about the brakes?

The Nitrons are high (or low :lol:) on my list... it makes the car look so mean compared to standard.. especially when its low, though grounding it may worry me!

As i've said before, they even look gorgeous.

I do think the Victory Rims are essential though as the S1, lowered looks even better with them.... more money though :( So the suspension may come first as it will at least make a difference to the car!

My God, someone cleans their wheels inside too (or doesn't drive it) !!

Do you take the wheels off?  I just clean the outside then take it for a spin :lol:

I often look like iv'e been boxing on a sunday morning as my knuckles are often shagged from cleaning the insides of my wheels!

Maybe an excuse for buying some black O.Zs! :(

Steve, 35K miles and counting, gets used every day. The inside of the wheels are black! I did clean them when I fitted the new discs, other than that they get a scrub with a nylon brush every so often.

Scott, the new discs are the ones from Mutsnuts, they are aluminium belled, the brake rotor (iron) is detachable, this means you only have to replace the rotor when they are knackered. They look much better than the OE discs, mine were the original rusty ones, the bells help disipate heat better! The rears are also lighter cos the rotor is smaller.

Nitrons will transform your car, I assume you are still on the original Konis'?

I am still on std S1 stuff....

I keep toying with the idea of changing to LSS or S2 stuff, but reckon that i would always want better (if i know its available) so i think i will just save up for a while and stick Nitrons on in a few months.

As for brakes, I quite like my MMC's :lol:

Archived