litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Nitroned S2

Simon G

Scott

For S1 you have a choice: S2 Bilsteins & springs if you plan to do predominatly road work, or Nitrons if you plan to track it regularly and fiddle with settings. S2 stuff will be half the price of Nitron (£1100 fitted I believe). Bear in mind that the S2 stuff was engineered for a road car and therefore will last well under all sorts of conditions. Whilst beautifully made, the Nitrons were engineered to different priorities.

For the S2, the upgrade of choice used to be LSS, which Lotus insisted was bundled with OZ wider wheels and exotic, semi-slick A048 tyres. But now there's Nitron's. I've just spent a day with Andrew Walsh who did the development testing for Nitron and as far as I'm concerned, if Walshy had anything to do with them, you won't find anything better.

Graeme

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats pretty much the conclusion i came to.

The Nitrons are nigh on twice the price of the S2 stuff, but from what i've heard, its well worth it! The fact you can re-valve the Nitrons helps too IMO!

If I do mine it will be nitrons all the way - don't really want to change my wheels and given that the S2 stuff comes packaged in that way the nitrons are actually just as reasonable (if you can call a grand for suspension bits reasonable that is).

Archived