litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Whats This Bit Do?

spike

Guys,

Whats this tube do? [the one hi lited in pink] Im guessing its feeding air into the airbox? It got a couple of rather large crackes in it [as indicated by the arrows] Notice a drop in power after sitting in traffic for a bit, so im guessing im just sucking warm air in from the engine bay? or am i way off the mark there?

Only noticed it because i have a leaky head gasket, so im watching my levels, looking a little low in that shot...

Thanx in advance...

Spike B)

post-3-1080677502.jpg

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup looks like it to me from what I remember of my standard air box, not that it was on the car very long!

Run your hand down the tube and you should feel it attach to the air inlet on the left hand side of the car.

Looks like the in pipe for the airbox and if it is cracked then it will be sucking in a mix of warm and cold air and dirt, and neither very well. Not sure if the standard airbox doesn't suck in warm and cold air anyway since I don't think that they're properly fitted to the vent..aren't on the S2 anyway.

warm air, cold air and dirt!! yuck... think ill stick a little duct tape over it, then upgrade to a hurricane once ive got my head gasket sorted.. good excuse for a hurricane tho!! lol

cheers guys

just had a bit of a poke around, no need for the duct tape is there? its not the worlds greatest bit of ducting is it? lol and its before the filter, so thats filtering all the dirt.. still, better get a hurricane to play it safe lmao

Yup it is the pipe, when i took mine off to get my Hurricane fitted it crumbled in my hands... so clearly they perish quite easily!

I'm sure its easy enough to replace - may be worth others checking too.

Definitely looks as though a Hurricane is necessary though, i mean a new pipe is probably £5 from Halfords and a Hurricane is what £160.., with such a slight difference its a no brainer really B)

Archived