litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Rear Discs And Pads...

Ruxpin

Need to sort out some new rear discs and pads for the elise.

Its a standard S1 - 99T.

Any ideas? The car only sees road use so nothing too exotic is needed.

Cheers, Rich

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pagids... pricey though, so may be consider EBC Greenstuff as some seem to rate them....

Have no experience as i am fortunate enough to have MMC's B)

Randomly on topic did anyone see the set of original and brand new MMC discs at Peter Smith at the Donny show... £1000!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah saw those, a few were selling the pads as well for a lot of money.

You are probably best to go for Lotus OE discs, problem is that if you put different discs and pads on the back but not the front you will upset the braking and perhaps brake bias to a degree. It's okay to upgrade the fronts to a better disc, and use the same pads all round.

I have just fitted EBC Greenstuff pads (standard cross-drilled Lotus disc's) all round on my S2.

Much improved braking performance I have to say, although seems to be a more noticable deposit of brake dust on the wheels.

And one other thing, the pads rattle in the calipers a little as they are not as tight a fit as the originals - Dunno if anyone else has that issue ?

Steven

Yeah I was going to suggest what Mark A has said, wasn't 100% that the front and rears were the same size. That would be the best way forward, maybe try EBC discs on the front.

Halfpenny, I have Greenstuffs on my S2, I have the same rattling. I know you can get rubber overlay for the side of the pads, fits against the caliper, will help with the rattling but may make the braking slightly spongey! You could also try new spring clips. I'm running the latest version on Greenstuffs, they give off little dust compared to the OE pads.

Archived