litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Coolant hoses

Leeroy

I've suffered a rather odd fault this week. I was siting outside a shop with the engine idling for about 10 minutes, when the NS radiator hose decided to pop off, emptying the entire contents of the cooling system onto the road. :afro:

Has anyone else suffered this fault?

I think I've got away likely. I've refilled the system, bled it through and the car seems to be running OK, at the moment! I'm now rather concerned that this rapid change in engine temperature might enduce a HGF. Any thoughts?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leeroy

You should be OK as long as you didnt go thrashing the car with no coolant in it!!

This is a well known problem with early s1's if i remember correctly the ends where the hose connects to the radiator were redesigned on later models, you can also get a replacement radiator from eliseparts.

Although you should be ok just reconnecting the hoses tightly (but not over tight).

Wuddie

Cheers guys.

I think may cars trying to send me to an early grave this week. After the coolant episode I removed the rubber mats. Oops! the passengers side isn't too bad, but the drivers side floor is a mess. It's even penetrated in one spot about a 2mm diameter hole. Lets hope the guys at Hethel come up with a fix pretty soon.

Archived