litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Nitrons V Lss

Ladders

Although I find the ride of the suspension fine, I fancy lowering the car to fill the arches!

Has anyone tried both set ups? If they are about the same then paying nearly twice as much for Nitrons seams a waste in my case?

Any advice please! :angry:

Dave

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Dave, I've just fitted Nitrons on my S2, looks so much better being lowered in a Maxpower way;-) The handling has been transformed, I'm getting the geo done tomorrow morning.

For an S1 I would say the LSS option is pretty good, the price you can get it for is around half that of Nitrons. Another choice is S2 dampers with VX220 front springs and the rears lowered a bit, all from Steve Butts. You're welcome to have a ride in mine to see the difference.

I went for Nitrons because they are very good, get good comments and can be rebuilt, therefore they can always be under warrenty. Plus S2 LSS is around the same price!

Probably just confussed you more now!

No LSS is only ride height adjustable. You can adjust the dampening on the Nitrons as well as ride height. The Nitrons are a great bit of kit, top quality and very well finished, almost a shame to put them on the car.

Save more and get Nitrons, it makes sense!

LSS can be had for around £500... though the general concensus is that you are better off with S2 stuff as it uses the same spring rates, but the Bilstein dampers are better than S1 LSS.... total cost of S2 stuff with springs is £500 inc VAT from Steve, Nitrons as you know are a fair wedge more, and apparantly on the road there isn't that much difference, on track, there's a load.

A well respected person quoted the following on comparing S2 stuff (on an S1) to Nitrons:

On road 75% as good

On track 50% as good

Price 200% as good....

So your call :angry:

Dave

I added Nitrons last year to my S1 and would wholeheartedly recommend them. The ability to adjust for road or track by hand in less than 5 mins is really handy, and as previously pointed out, they look stunning. Combined with A038s they are awesome.

Mark (Titanium S1 behind you last Sunday)

I was all in favour of S2 springs & dampers but might be persuaded to look at Nitrons again.

Got a Walshy day coming up on 2nd April - Andrew allegedly helped develop the Nitrons for Elise, so will see what he's got to say about firstly the state of my suspension, bushes, balljoints etc and reasons why it's worth spending £500 more on Nitrons than S2 stuff.

Graeme

Greame

My friend fitted Nitrons to his before he did a Walshy day. Andrew then helped him set them up on the day! Seams a good idea if you can get them fitted in time to let the person who helped develop them, and ex F1 test driver set them up for you!

No bother Mike - draw out a grand and tell her it's to buy a special present for her, then claim to have been mugged - job done - one set of nitrons and you can claim to have been extra thoughtful. :bangin:

Archived