litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Holiday Snaps

Fiona

Hi guys,

Just got back yesterday from our tour of Scotland. Had a great time and only had the raincoats on for half an hour the whole trip.

Thought I'd share some photos with you. I've had to reduce the quality for upload.

See you next weekend.

Fiona

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glorious again down the other side. A must do road. Definitely not as scary now they have fitted the barrier at the worst bits but still worthwhile.

post-2-1090662874.jpg

The Elise got so much attention. Loads of Dutch and Swedes on holiday taking pictures and videos. There will be loads of people in Europe being shown photos saying "I don't know what this was - I think it was the new Smart Roadster" :(

It got a bit wearing after a while as people tried to get near us on single track roads to take pictures. Okay if they are behind you but not so good if they are coming towards us. No bugger would give way for us! Had a few rural boy racers gaze in awe and we stopped a football match in Lochinver as EVERY player stopped playing to watch the car go by. :drive:

My uncle is a traffic cop in the western highlands so he took the Elise out and floored it past the local chavs. :clap:

Finished it off with a day's Falconry. This is Ebbie.

post-2-1090664266.jpg

Some great photos there. Stunning roads, almost Stelvio -esque.

We had similar attention on the way to Le Mans from coach loads of German tourists. Having to wait for them (all) to pose individually with the car was bad enough, but when a rather large lady got it I feared for my suspension, and her prospects of getting out I must admit...

Emma,

We didn't have a chance to meet the Scottish Elise group as we were a day ahead of them. I talked to Iain on the Friday and they were about 80 miles south of us. We had our B and Bs prebooked so we couldn't change our itinerary.

Fiona

Archived