Almost there with the engine prep work before I start bolting on new bits. All these bits are no longer required and can go in the dispose box...
The gearbox bellhousing needs trimming to get it to clear part of the subframe. I used an angle grinder and a metal file to get it shaped to my liking. It took about 20 minutes - job done.
I then hoisted the engine up and drain all the oil out of it. The oil seemed to have a nice brown tint to it that indicating that the oil was quite fresh.
Anyway, it took about an hour to get the last drop out.
After all the striping work, I ended up with about 20Kg of bits off the engine!