litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Exige Sprint Owners

Rick101

Forgot to say how good the sprint is and such a good idea to copy the Elan sprint, my sprint was the car that lotus put aside the Elan the same colour on there promo pics at Hethel, do miss the car lots, it was by far the best lotus I have to date and won the best car of the show at Chatsworth lotus day, but can not remember what year it was, but made my day, amazing car and still is

post-3045-0-35841900-1469370887_thumb.jpeg

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spotted a blue over white Exige Sprint near Carsington Water today - looked absolutely stunning :)

Also spotted the blue over white original Elan Sprint today at Ashover classic car show (same car that was at Chatsworth last week).

Almost surreal!! 

Forgot to say how good the sprint is and such a good idea to copy the Elan sprint, my sprint was the car that lotus put aside the Elan the same colour on there promo pics at Hethel, do miss the car lots, it was by far the best lotus I have to date and won the best car of the show at Chatsworth lotus day, but can not remember what year it was, but made my day, amazing car and still is

Did it have a anniversary year? Can you recall what year it was?

No it was a preproduction model, no anniversary year, Lotus kept it for a year, did all its promotion work with car, so I thought it was quite special, got the build sheet with car and had slightly different car matts, this is the car at Hethel

post-3045-0-76824700-1469390890_thumb.jpeg

Interesting, thank you.

MOT history shows up to 2013, guess that's when it went to Japan.

Did find one pic of a Yellow one on Japanese plates (Reg 19 91). I wonder if that was our car or one of the few made for Export.

Can't see the brakes but note there is a flag on the side. First time I've seen that.

Checking your earlier pics, looks to be a different car.

Yes exported to japen in 2013, not sure if that is the car in the picture, could be, the guy that bought the car was shipping lots of lotuses at the time. Did not have no flag on the side?, was the same car as in the Hethel pic, the car was the same but for the little front brakes and no build plate inside, I brought the car from JCT in Leeds in 2008 where it had come straight from the factory. I went to the factory the same year and seen all the yellow sprints on the production line, still have the pictures they allowed me to take

Oh I'd love them pics. If you wouldn't mind emailing them over that would be great.

Far from complete but hoping to publish what I've found in the next few weeks.

Thanks

The car in the picture in Japan could be my car as it as the Union Jack flag on the rear, as did mine, it was a metal badge not sure how many sprints had them, my car before I change the Reg the only one on a 07 plate

post-3045-0-13037700-1469463342_thumb.jpeg

Hi Simon - thanks

I'd just left the ashover car& bike show on my way to ashbourne - also spotted the elan sprint....and a red excel....not sure if that was the same that passed me earlier Sunday morning on derby Rd just going into birdholme, Chesterfield?

• 3 weeks later...

These are details of the 26 numbered UK cars I have to date.

1967 - Yellow - ChrisR

1970 - Yellow - Rick101

1972 - Blue - PNicholls

1973 - Yellow - For Sale B&C

1976 - Blue - John_w

1981 - Blue - For Sale Williams

1982 - Blue - Paul Wright

1984  -Yellow - R3000XXX

1987 - Blue -

1997 - Blue -

2007 - Blue - Lotus71

In Addition

000 - Yellow - Exported to Japan (original promo car)

001 - Blue - Cup spec car

Archived