litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Free Carcoon.

Reg

Yep watched the vid last night, saw a couple of riders with their knee down, brilliant!

Cannot wait to get the (second) bike to start messing with it! Really need to get one NSR half way built first though....

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent Reg.  We're busy fixing mine up as we speak.  Well, Austen is ;)

They've just opened for Anglesey entries, are you doing that one? Our bike won't be ready and run in for it, but it does give us plenty of development time, ready for next years!

• 2 months later...

Well Reg, I've just had a txt, 2 spaces have become available for the 15th Oct at Anglesey :)  Come on, you can do it!!!

Austen and I on one bike and Austen's Son and 2 friends on another bike and some of our other friends (2 blokes who are almost 7 foot tall each!) on another one.  Can't wait!

Hahaha the bike is completely stripped, not even got any paint on it! Don't think I could get it built and run in (new engine) in 20 odd days - well evenings!

It'll be proper sorted for next year.

*notice the 'wtf have I bought look'*

post-556-0-79831100-1474573984_thumb.jpeg

post-556-0-97590200-1474574040_thumb.jpg

That's awesome Reg.  Austen and I (Well Austen mainly) have stripped ours, had it powdercoated and new wheels and stuff also with a Lifan motor now.  Look forward to seeing you (and your co rider Elaine? :) ) at next year's Plop

I want a second C90 to have a play with though but they fetch silly money on eBay and Gumtree.  Any advice where to find one?

Not sure if Elaine will be riding yet..... I've just had delivered some alloy rims, trying to make it light as we can while keeping costs reasonable (its not working!).

I got my 90 off eBay, young lad had listed it under vehicle parts so many people missed it. I sent him a message offering £240 and could collect that night.

The 70 which is going to be the race bike was off the c90club forum, cost £350 as a runner, came with a spare bottom end and other bits. Sold the engine for £125 and the bottom end for £50. Which paid for the Lifan! I've got some yss front shocks too hopefully they might tame the front end a bit! lol

I'll post some more pics when I've got a bit more done to it.

• 4 weeks later...

Well Reg, we did it.  You have until May 6th for the Mallory Park one.  

Out of 78 bikes in both classes, Austen and I in our team called "Chick 'n Pox Racers" came 5th overall and second in class after the full 8 hours with no breaks, only beaten by 3 x ex BSB boys!  To say we are happy is an understatement.  We both had one tumble each out of a new record for Anglesey which was 107 falls in one day!  The weather was everything from torrential rain to lovely sunshine.  Not much heat mind you.  I ache like buggery today but it was worth it.

Look forward to seeing you in May! Get the bike sorted.

Another excellent result!

No problems with the Lifan then? Are you running an oil cooler on it?

Think I might be making our bike a bit too pretty to race......

• 2 months later...

I'm currently waiting for riders to confirm they can do that date, I've given them all until the end of the week........

Bike is still in bits with no paint on it, although I am hoping to sort that over this weekend!

Archived