litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Mechanical Failure Leads To Brands Dnf

Mark H

Lotus Sport UK had another disappointing weekend at Brands Hatch after a parts failure robbed the team of a strong finish.

Throughout practice and qualifying the lone Lotus Evora of Phil Glew and Sailesh Bollisetti looked strong only being pipped to pole position by Alex Osborne in the APO Sport UK Ginetta.

Glew set the pace in the warm up heading in to the race so the team were confident of a strong performance to make up for the disappointment of a double DNF at Rockingham.

Bolisetti started the race taking the gamble to start on slicks, unfortunately the race track proved to be greasy from the drizzling rain. A safety car period bunched up the pack once again but a front wishbone failure put Bolisetti in to the gravel trap.

Sailesh Bolisetti rounded up the weekend: “Well the last two rounds have been a big learning curve for me, and has made me see the highs and lows of competitive motor racing. It was really tricky at the start as it was a little greasy and we were on slicks. When the safety car came out it gave me the chance to bunch back up to the leaders, but the front suspension failed and put me out of the race.”

A frustrated Phil Glew, “After I did morning practice the car felt mega and I could see us on the podium no problem at all. It was unfortunate about the suspension failure but at the end of the day that’s racing and sometimes things are out of the hands of the drivers.”

Gary Ayles Team Manager remained positive, “We definitely had the pace in the car after we cured the issues from the previous round, and I think our race pace would have been really consistent. It’s a shame the car gave up, but that’s racing and we will be sure to bounce back for the next round at Snetterton.”

This post has been promoted to an article

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived