litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Door Slamming In My Face...

courtster

My drivers door won't stay open, it's bugged me for a while 'cause I need every limb to get out the Elise and using one to keep the door open doesn't make it any easier!

Am I right in thinking its a part called the 'door check strap'? Is it an easy swap?

Thanx in advance

Courteney.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Courteney

There is a door retaining spring I think? Part of the hinge. As far as I can remember its a vertical plate about 9cm high that runs up against the hinge. I might be completely wrong

I dont have the parts book with me as I am in the office today but I may be able to post a pic of the hinge and door later on.

I have a S2 but I should think that they are the same. If you look at the passanger door you should be able to see the spring move when you open the door. Then check the drivers side, It may just need a little bend with a tyre lever or screwdriver to get it back into shape. Thats all the garage would do.

Hope this helps

Dave

Hi Courteney

If you do a search for door hinge in the archives. there is a thread called scraping door. In there someone has posted a page from the workshop manual showing the hinge and the spring plate.

Hope this helps

Dave.

As you can see I am really hard at work this morning.

Chat soon

Dave

Archived