litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Dyno Mat To Reduce Cabin Noise

Dixie

I know, i know, it's not really what the elise is about and the it'll add weight but the missus is complaining a bit and i'm just toying with the idea. (only had the car 1 day!!!)

And, I'm getting a bit of a knock form the rear when i'm travelling up hill and go over a bump. Is there a common bush or joint that tends to wear??

PS these cars are great!! :):D

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

knocking is likely to be the rear toe joint ... the cat lies very close to it (passenger side) which can dry it out. Either re-grease (temp measure) or replace.

You could also consider the full carpet set (flame). This is still available for £125 inc VAT from Lotus (through your dealer) - I had a flyer through last week with ti on (binned it sorry). Make a difference to rattles etc ... and nothing stopping you doing both that and dynamat.

Made a difference to a certain noice from the passenger seat too - one of the better upgrades me thinks :)

Picture of the grey carpet attached:

post-3-1076499870.jpg

I second the carpet Idea...i Dynomatted under both seats and a little way up the back , and it does cut out a hell of a lot of road noise....then i got the carpet set and now all i can hear is my ricketty suspension..no, road noise whatsoever.

Archived