litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Visited My Lotus Dealer Today

Gareth

This is what I have to put up with in Aberdeen from my local Lotus dealer. Went to enquire about a S1 Elise.....saw 5 S2's ranging from £19K up so asked if had any S1's......With a blank look he said "What do they look like, are those the ones with round lights?" Can you beleive that?? Dealer did not know what the S1 looked like!!

Anyway he said no but he could do me a "deal" on a yellow S2. Took me to show it and it looked clean enough but was missing a indicator lense! Great advetisement for Lotus!!

Anyway came away being slightly put off Lotus. It has been raining last night and all 5 Elises has small puddles on each sills....this must be a common problem is it? :drive:

Anyway think i might venture down to Formula one in Newcastle.

Gareth

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Water on the sills is fairly common unfortunately.... can be improved, but few cars i know of are "fixed"

The S1 i bought actually came from a private sale in Middlesbrough, it was maintained at Formula 1 and the previous owner spoke very highly of them.

What a plank of a dealer.

Don't be put off a Lotus. Get yourself to the Edinburgh dealer - very nice chaps from what I hear. Don't forget to logon to the Scottish Elise group - http://www.delands.force9.co.uk/ - they should be able to help you sort out a test drive then find a car.

Good luck.

Fiona

Agree with Fiona and Scott actually. Not the best advert - but the dealers are quited mixed in quality. There are some genuinely good ones. The water on the sills could be a leaky roof, but could also just need waterproofing or have not been put on properly. I understand that those who have bothered to get the window runners looked at properly don't tend to have too many problems with the roof leaking. I haven't since I wasn't too bothered about it, but mine only drips a bit when it rains heavily. Would suggest that if you do get an S2, try to get one with the later 'short' roof which is a doddle to put on or take off.

Kristian :drive:

I had a look at a S1 at Orchard Dealerships in Northampton the other day, it had a cracked windscreen and water seemed to be coming from the passenger inside door handle - is that a common problem? (the handle)

I had a look at a S1 at Orchard Dealerships in Northampton the other day, it had a cracked windscreen and water seemed to be coming from the passenger inside door handle - is that a common problem? (the handle)

No.

Chances are that the water from the door handle / window winder is as a result of the window having dropped. After refixing the window back onto its runners - which IS a common problem - the plastic sheet should have been reglued across the aperture in the door where the trim panel sits.

As for the windscreen, that's unforgiveable. Without doubt as a "reputable dealer" they would replace it pre-sale - perhaps you saw it before it had been tarted up for the forecourt?

Graeme

Archived