litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Don't Buy This Elan

Snapper

Warning This Car Is Now for Sale Again:

Buyer Be Aware....

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/72972.htm

Had a quick chat with the seller of the car in the hope that I could give him some information which could, or may be give him the ability to get his money back from the original seller for failure to disclose it's true history. Ie: breach of contract with inferred terms. Now the former seller lied to me about its history so it is possible that they lied to the new seller. He claims to be selling the car for some one else, his wife I understand.

At which point the owner became rather anti. Strange this because if it is such a good car why would they sell it on so quickly?

The owner said that the car is fine and has had a lot spent on it (Not surprising really) given its history and the state it was in.

Before I got much chance to speak the owner went in to a rant about the car is fine and would stand up to any other car at that price. Further stating that he has read the postings on Elan Central and that we must all be a bunch of women, because we all drive about in women’s cars and have more time on our hands than we know what to do with. We also have nothing better to do than waste our days on silly forums posting rubbish.

You have got to ask yourself is that, may be if he had of taken time to read these silly forums he wouldn't be trying to sell the car on so quickly.

He also bets that none of us spends the amount of money on our cars that has been spent on this car. We I know that a lot of us do spend a great deal of money on our cars. But hopefully I will never own a car like this one, which needs the same amount spending on it again. IMHO.

Anyway so I don't upset the new owner to much: I hope you manage to move it on, just so long as it's not to anyone I know.

I do love the quote in the advert "Nose cone and rear bumper have been repainted due to parking scrape. Although professionally repainted - with bills to prove the colour match is a fraction out. More noticeable on rear bumper".

I would say that the colour is out because if you look in the engine bay you will see the red colour coming through where that the panels came straight of another car. That's how professionally painted it is.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived