litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Elise 220 Cup - First Lotus

IowanF1999

Hello everyone!

This is my first post so hopefully I've put it in the right place... Just a quick introduction, my name's Iowan and I've just collected my first lotus which is this Solid Red Elise 220 Cup! I have been obsessed with the Lotus brand and its cars since I was a young lad playing Need for Speed. I had a 987 Cayman before which I have parted with for this Elise. I bought the car from Lotus Silverstone and would like to give a small shoutout to Aimee and Albert for making it stress-free and making my first dealership car collection feel special!

LiliCollection.thumb.jpg.dcca11fb76c38f884e988c34b7c34faf.jpg

Originally I set out to buy an S2 Exige, as I adore the race car vibe and the firecracker 2ZZ engine. However, after having a 'bad' experience going to view a car I started to look around at what other Lotus cars are in a similar price band and came across this Elise not too far from where I'm based in Northamptonshire. I loved the 'big aero' that features on the early S3 Elise Cup car and after quick a test drive, I was smitten. My best friend has dubbed her "Lili" even though I don't usually name cars. 

Right then - the spec:

This particular car doesn't have many of the 'racy' options other than the harness bar and 4-point harnesses - which I'm a sucker for even on the street. 

The exterior is in Solid Red with the mirror plasti dipped black, the original silver is underneath.

A black and gold Lotus badge on the front.

The car has the Comfort Pack and Air Conditioning.

One of the previous owners has had some leather sill covers installed which are a little rough around the edges but lift the cabin slightly.

Silver 14-spoke wheels (which are really growing on me).

The car also came with the TRD air box installed which from what a gather nicely enhances the supercharger whine? (I've never experienced one without it).

Lili_Rear3-4(2).thumb.jpg.77fac07c5000d312b9fbddaaf1a76e20.jpgLili_Front_Bush(2).thumb.jpg.5f7df54479e00addedb70a63991f4bcf.jpg

I'm looking to fit an exhaust at some point in the not-too-distant future as the standard system, while looking cool, doesn't have the rorty sound this car deserves. I'm thinking of going the 2bular route but if other people have suggestions I'm all ears!

Previously I was a member of Porsche Club GB but the vibe just wasn't what I wanted. It just felt like there was some weird superiority complex going on!? But that's one thing that drew me to Lotus. Everyone says the community is FANTASTIC! I can't wait to get stuck in and meet some of you on some morning runs or cafe meets etc soon! 

Cheers,

Iowan

Lili_Interior_Dash (2).jpg

Lili_Interior_Seats (2).jpg

Lili_NOSTEP (2).jpg

Lili_Wheel (2).jpg

Lili_Badge (2).jpg

ColinChapman_Signiture (2).jpg

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, IowanF1999 said:

Previously I was a member of Porsche Club GB but the vibe just wasn't what I wanted. It just felt like there was some weird superiority complex going on!? But that's one thing that drew me to Lotus. Everyone says the community is FANTASTIC! I can't wait to get stuck in and meet some of you on some morning runs or cafe meets etc soon! 

That’s a stunning first Lotus, nice one.

As a fairly new Lotus owner myself the community side of the ownership is great, there’s no snobbery and everyone is really friendly 👍

On 02/07/2023 at 21:13, Jaybarts said:

That’s a stunning first Lotus, nice one.

As a fairly new Lotus owner myself the community side of the ownership is great, there’s no snobbery and everyone is really friendly 👍

Thanks Jay, I must say I'm very pleased indeed.

Thats really great to hear, shame I missed LITP this year! Hopefully there's some meets coming up soon

Love your Elise as well - colour is stunning 👏 

• 4 weeks later...

Lovely looking car and example mate. I was in the same boat as you, I wanted an Exige S2 but none met my high standards and none we're imo looked after tot he level I would have liked yet were priced as perfect mint examples (which they were not).

After speaking to a few friends I came across the car I had never known of, the S3 Elise Cup and started my search, in the end I was lucky that mine was offered to me via a new Lotus friend and so it was never on the market for sale officially.

These are said to be the true successor to the Exige S2 and I personally see why and feel they feel that much better inside and newer also. My S2 Exige owning friend said it's like a Weaponised S2 Exige 🙂

Enjoy they are great cars