litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

lotus elise s2 2004 rover

td4y

hey! i took my cluster out for a look and was just wondering if anyone knows if this should be connected? im trying to hunt down a issue with my speedo because tach, speed dosnt show

i only have the big blue contact plugged in, the white in the picture is missing and im guessing its not supposed to be in my car but i could be wrong

i cleaned my ecu and replaced speedo sensor and i cant find the fault🤯

the car is a lotus elise 2004 with rover engine

1DE59C84-DFFB-4462-A30E-81DA4960B6CF.jpeg

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

okey thanks, my rev counter is working also all warning lights. the owner before said the speed needle was jumping and then it stopped working. i cleaned the ecu pins. replaced the speed sensor left rear, checked the wire harness and cant get whats wrong i get the fault code p0501. i even tried to "restart" the cluster alot of times. when i move the speed needle to wrong position and then reset the cluster, it goes back to the right position but i cant make it show speed. i took out the cluster and re soldered it. my speedo, temp and tack is not working at all

Could be a frayed or broken wire near the speed sensor.  The wiring is fragile and exposed.  Error P0501 says it is getting dumb readings from the sensor.  Either it or its wiring are the likely culprits.  The wiring goes in and out of the ECU, so worth a quick look at that connector, then off to the dash which is less likely to be the problem.  Is your speed sensor integrated into the hub or separate?  Do you have a scope that would give you a readout from the sensor?

okey! i replaced the sensor but maybe it was broken from start, i dont know how to read it xd speed sensor in integrated in hub so i replaced the hub, the wire looks good from sensor to ecu but maybe could be crap inside 

Archived