litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Replacement Alarm Fob

jeffers

The rubber thing snapped on my alarm fob yesterday. Wheres the best place to get a replacement? I'm not sure if its a standard lotus unit - do S1 fobs normally only have 1 button?

christurbo/LEW1S - do you have any info from when you had the car? Theres a receipt in the book for a new alarm fiited by a dealer but Im not sure if theyve stuck a non-standard unit in.

thanks

Jeff

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Done some digging and mines a 'META' alarm. Found a company that sells replacement fobs - its either £10 for a new case, £40 for a new fob or £45 for a fob that fits over the key. Think ill go for the £45 alarm/key fob...

http://www.abacuscaralarms.co.uk/alarms/re...ta-remotes.html

Did Lotus ship the S1 with Meta alarms or is it an aftermarket one? I have a receipt from a Lotus dealership for a new alarm but dont know if it was an upgrade or a replacement.

• 2 weeks later...

The new fob arrived today but they recently had a price increase - £50 :rolleyes:

Anyway, all programmed and working, just need to get a new key cut and assembled. Should look like this when its all done...

meta-key-small.jpg

Looks better than the old one and saves a bit of keyring space :P

The new fob arrived today but they recently had a price increase - £50 :blush:

Anyway, all programmed and working, just need to get a new key cut and assembled. Should look like this when its all done...

meta-key-small.jpg

Looks better than the old one and saves a bit of keyring space :taz:

Anything like this available for the square Cobra alarm? (Or even a nicer rounded one would be appreciated?) I think mine is a 6091 IIRC.

Gary

Archived