litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Tyres,ride Heights 195/225 Vs 185/205

Sol

This may be a stupid question, but its frustrating me.. I previously ran pzeros at 185/55(?) Front and 205/45(?) rear. Then changed over to T1-R at 195/55 and 225/45(?) front anr rear. Visibly they seemed to "fill" the arches more.

So, is the diameter of the two sets differ? And subsequently, do the new tyres change the ride height? (Lets pretend they had the same tread depth when changed)

I am asking because I *still* havent decided which ride height to go to on s2 suspension and am not sure if the tyres would make a difference to the mixed opinions of grounding people have had at certain heights. :)

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sol

You've correctly described the P0's as 185/55 x 15 & 205/50 x 16.

The T1-R's however should be 195/50 x 15 & 225/45 x 16.

The second figure on each size is the "aspect ratio", namely the % of the section width represented by the profile. In terms of overall rolling radius, the new & old should be roughly equivalent.

On the other hand, if you really did have 195/55's, with a taller sidewall the wheel/tyre combination would "fill the arches" better, to the extent you could risk catching the clam when on heavy lock and loaded up wheel. Also, with the overall rolling radius increased, this would affect the ride height by about 5mm too.

Oh, bugger it!! Im going 125/135, its just a lot easier and hassle free(dont have to figure out what my ride height is/ dont have to worry about raising steering rack/ much less chance of grounding/ can blame slow lap times on suspension as opposed to driver inability)! Sorted

Archived