litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Which Induction System?

Snapper

I bought a used one off a friend, its only 6 months old but when he took it off to sell seperately from the car his mate ran over the cold air pipe...

I get the unit for £60, Owen from Race Speed gave me the pipe FOC :)

So all hell should be let loose shortly... Hurricane, decat, RS Exhaust (though its on a 6 week wait approx :P) and while i'm at it, i may aswell get the 52mm TB too. Should rev a little easier and make a nice noise :)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scott - may sound stupid but if you're fitting yourself rather than getting a dealer fit, I'd be tempted to add them one at a time anyway, just because you'll get a clearer picture of which has added what. With that lot in one go, I think it's likely to seem as if someone's put thunder in the boot anyway, and probably won't be too hard to tell the difference in the sound track!

:)

They shall be going on at different times, there is a wait for the exhaust as i said, so the Hurricane shall be going on first..... see what difference that makes.

Major bonus i just discovered.... its a Blue Hurricane too, which is just what i wanted as i reckon it will look much better with the car than red.

I am going to get the exhaust and decat fitted at the same time for obvious reasons, but i may try listening to the car with cat and then decat to see if its too much!

Hmm, i wonder, if i have a Hurricane fitted does that reduce my service cost as i don't need an air filter :)

Archived