litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Lack Of Power - Elan

Robp

I'm having a bit of a power issue with the Elan in 3rd gear. First and second are great, screams up the rev counter, third, it gets to about 5.5k, and pauses for a while before picking up again, there is a slight flutter in accelleration before this point too. Not tried 4th of 5th as i only noticed it this morning on the way into work, and traffic dosn't let me go that fast.

Any thoughts? air filter is a new green cotton one, so can't really be contaminated just yet.

sorry i should add it is a turbo elan, not the NA model.

cheers

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm having a bit of a power issue with the Elan in 3rd gear.  First and second are great, screams up the rev counter, third, it gets to about 5.5k, and pauses for a while before picking up again, there is a slight flutter in accelleration before this point too.  Not tried 4th of 5th as i only noticed it this morning on the way into work, and traffic dosn't let me go that fast.

Any thoughts?  air filter is a new green cotton one, so can't really be contaminated just yet.

sorry i should add it is a turbo elan, not the NA model.

cheers

Bit of a guess, but when did you change the fuel filter ??

Sounds a bit like fuel shortage so filter, regulator check etc.

Seriously shitty fuel from the bottom of the petrol station tanks with water ??

car had B&C service at horizon 1500 miles ago, and was on a full tank of full fat petrol. taken it in for mike to have another look at today - probably just missed you at horizon..

car had B&C service at horizon 1500 miles ago, and was on a full tank of full fat petrol.  taken it in for mike to have another look at today - probably just missed you at horizon..

Sounds like you did the best thing by taking it back to Mike for a nosey, bet it's something really daft as you just had B's and C's done.

Is the car used every day ?

Again, shame I missed you too, always another event, date. or time though :gay:

Let us know how you get on.

Bob

Archived