litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Lotus Teams Hit The Beach

Mark H

Lotus’ IndyCar teams have checked into the Hotel California for Round 3, on the Sunny streets of beautiful downtown Long Beach. The temporary street circuit has been hosting IndyCar racing since 1984. The Grand Prix of Long Beach is not just about racing. It’s a fun fan-friendly event with rock concerts and plenty of other activities for the family. The Lotus drivers are pumped up and really looking forward to this palm-fringed race.

Sebastien Bourdais Looking To Pick Up Where He Left Off

Coming off an impressive performance at Barber Motorsports Park where he scored Lotus’ first top-ten finish, Sebastien Bourdais (#7 – Lotus Dragon Racing) looks to continue his mastery of the streets of Long Beach, familiar territory for the Champion driver where he has won three. Can Bourdais pick up where he left off at Barber and improve enough to take the hometown team to winner’s circle this weekend? Unfortunately, the #7 car has picked up a ten-place grid penalty due to an engine change, so he will be starting near the back. But don’t discount Bourdais ability to cut through the field. “The Lotus car has constantly improved with every race, and with the help of my engineer and great team I would love to visit the podium this weekend, or at least get up in the top-five.”

Oriol Servia Intends To Keep Momentum Going At His Home Race

Oriol Servia (#22 – Lotus DRR) has enough experience to know that Rome was not built in a day. He’s not had much track time in his Lotus machine since the beginning of the season, but understands that good things take time. His talent as a driver has allowed him to do well when it counted. “I have to say the brightest moment of the season so far has been both times when it most counted, which was in the race. All I feel is that we need to be able to have a normal race weekend where we can practice and qualify. The closer to the front that we can start, the better. That will be the key. I’m very happy with how the Lotus DRR car has performed so far.” When asked about the circuit, Servia replied: “This is a track that I have always liked. I’ve raced there since 1998 in Indy Lights. I think we may have a bit of a struggle on the straightaway here in Long Beach, because it’s a long one, but we’ll see when we get there. I live here now and it’s more of a reason to make it happen. I will have a lot of friends and supporters out for the race, so I hope that we can put on a good show.”

This post has been promoted to an article

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived