litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Line-Up 2012

Mark H

New season, new line-up. In 2012, Lotus will defend its two GP3 Series titles with three new drivers.

Daniel Abt is the first of the trio the black and gold team has made official. The 19 year old German driver got to know the GP3 Series and Lotus during the interseason tests at Valencia and Jerez de la Frontera, where he had the best time of the last two days.

Daniel Abt dominated the ADAC Formel Masters 2009 (8 wins) and finished 2010 in 2nd place in German Formula 3 (2 wins). He successfully continued his apprenticeship in single-seaters in 2011 by securing three podiums in the F3 Euro Series and adapted to Lotus and the GP3 Series efficiently and quickly during the winter tests, where he demonstrated remarkable technical finesse and personal commitment.

Daniel Abt:

“I am very happy for the chance to continue my career in the GP3 Series, which was my favorite solution. Making this step with the Lotus GP team is like a little dream because everyone knows how professional and successful this squad is. I already felt at home during the first tests. Big thanks to my partners and sponsors who give me the chance to make this huge step. Now I'm looking forward to a lot of new challenges: a new car, a new team and some new race tracks. The tests were good. But more important than the times on the screen was: It was pure fun to drive the car and work with the team. I will now start to prepare as hard as possible for the next tests and the start of the season to pay back for the trust in me.”

Frederic Vasseur:

“Along with sporting and technical performance, the human aspect is an essential factor for success in an extremely competitive championship where there is no room for error at any level whatsoever. Daniel combines three skills. He attracted Lotus GP with his speed, his technical baggage, and his human qualities. We have every confidence in him to help us defend our two titles.”

This post has been promoted to an article

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived