litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

What's It Worth

Steve J

Ok I expect some pi$$ taking from S1 owners but this is a serious request.

Thinking about what finances I need to have next year to make my S1 Exige purchase, so what can I expect for my S2 Elise ST?

Most of you know the spec.

I would prefer to put it back to standard to sell (except the viper stripes) and the then sell the extras separate, but if it goes to someone on MLOC then I'll sell as is.

I was thinking in the £17k ball park.

Cheers

and be kind you lot :)

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone is selling an 02 111s with 20k miles on P'heads for 17k.

Base S2's are going from between 13.5 to 16.5k depending on mileage.

I was looking at getting one for a honda conversion.

I had a S2 ST with 28,000 miles on that I could have got for £13750 without haggle.

Best advice is to sell NOW if you want to recoup some money as they will have dropped further next year and will be harder to sell over the winter with the dark evenings etc.

Desperate people selling dogs for £14k though. Autotrader have private for £17k and dealer for £20k+

Wouldn't sell it for so little as dealer will offer more in PX.

Granted. There are some dogs around. If you can get 17k px then take it as that is a v.good price.

There is a lovely 135r on pistonheads in blue that the guy is struggling to shift. Its an 03 with 13k on and he wants 17.5k to put into perspective. Might have it myself if I decide again to shift mine before the summer.

I hate talking about other peoples cars because I know you will offend someone, but here goes.

I think to be honest you will look at 16k / 16.5k private through Autotrader

and don't be too shocked if a dealer comes in at something as low as 14.5k.

If I was you I'd look for around £15,250 part ex with the dealer knocking off at least 1k on another Elise/Exige. Maybe if you push you could get 1k off plus some toys.

A good Dealership will always try to go that extra mile for you just to secure the sale. Now’s a good time to buy because we have a reg change coming up and some dealers need to get rid of stock. You should be able to get some good discounts and some nice finance deals if you push them hard.

Let us know if you sell you’re motor what you sold it for, and who was offering the best deals around.

I put my 2002 (52) S2 Sports Tourer on Auto Trader about 2 months ago and got £16k no problem.

Had about 5 phone calls within 2 weeks and had serious interest from 3 of them.

There are so many scammers out there saying they want fast payment, and how they want the car shipped over to them, etc. It started to really annoy me after about the 5th person! :D

Archived