litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Where To Get The Liz Serviced

Fozzy

:P Hi I'm new on here and this is my first post so be gentle.

I bought my S2 from Nick Whale in February and it only had 6k on the clock, with full lotus service history. But the next scheduled service is for a B-Service even though the car still only has 10k on the clock.

Now I've phoned a few places and I can't believe the price some Lotus dealers are trying to charge me, £470 for a B-service on a K series is taking the P**S

I phoned Horizon and they quoted £243 and I know through reading topics on here all you guys rate Horizon Highly.

I then Phoned PTP in Hinckley, They have quoted £170 plus if you a SELOC member you get a discount as well.

PTP

What I'm wondering is if any of you guys have used PTP because £170 for a B Service is music to my ears. Compared to the £470 of a main dealer.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to be taking my S2 (also a ractech!!) to PTP probably around Nov/Dec time for a B service (this is getting spooky). If you do take it there I would appreciate your opinion.

Pete (BLACKSWAN) said they were pretty good and thats a plus in my book so I'm quite hopeful. Horizon being a bit far for me (having to take day off work and all). Also like it that PTP have some stuff on their site about ITG kits cos thats what I've got on. Gonna get the MOT done at the same time.

Your right tho', dealers prices are way out my league. I am only just keeping above water paying for the car, worth it though.

PTP will do a 1st class job for you.

Horizon are great for upgrades, geos as well as the mundane stuff. In fact they're developing their own upgrades now rather than just bolting on Eliseparts kits.

PTP are great for engine work (they have developed K-series upgrades for Lotus in the past as well as their own brand) & servicing and you can't argue with that price.

Cheers Guys,

I've got my motor booked in so I'll give a rating when I get it back. Some of the SELOC guys also rate PTP very Highly and for those prices you can't moan.

Archived